Saturday, February 4, 2012

South African Adventure

Just one more day!!!
Tomorrow evening I will say goodbye to bitter cold Germany and start my South African Adventure with vultures :-) Three weeks I will volunteer for VulPro in Hartbeespoort, South Africa, somewhere west of Pretoria.
Many, many month ago I fortunately found the website of VulPro in the internet and was really impressed by the fantastic work. After a very friendly e-mail conversation I decided to support this project by volunteering in February. Can't wait to be there soon!!! ;-)
When you already know my passion for vultures and compare it to the mission statement of VulPro (written in the Annual Report 2011) you may understand why I cannot imagine a better place to take part in vulture rescue:

"VulPro's mission statement is 'to be the leading vulture conservation programme for advancing knowledge, awareness and innovation in the conservation of African vulture populations for the benefit and well-being of society'."

Depending on time and internet connection I either try to update you about my South African Adventure with vultures from time to time or hand in my experiences later!

In this spirit: Carrion go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment