Wednesday, October 17, 2012

On vulture's wings around the world

Hello everybody,
best wishes from Atahualpa, a little village two and a half hour by bus from Quito, Capital of Ecuador! I finally started the greatest adventure of my life on October 15th: "On vulture's wings around the world"!
After 8 months of planning and organizing I cannot believe I am already here! ;-)
Had a very long trip: Train to Airport of Frankfurt, 10,5 hours flight to Santo Domingo, 2 hours flight to Panama City, 6 hours until the next flight, two hours to Quito and two and a half hour by bus to Atahulapa, where I will be living in a Spanish School for one week.... to get to know the most important vocabulary for my 6 weeks Andean Condor Volunteering Project I will start on October 22nd. "El Condor", "Buitres",... never learned Spanish before! ;-)
But I can't wait to see these amazing birds soaring in the Andeans!!! Not comparable to Andean Condors in German zoo enclosures!
Kind regards and carrion go,
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment