Saturday, April 21, 2012

19 days old Eurasian Griffon Vulture chick

Between some heavy showers I went to the Zoo of Duisburg again to visit the 19 days old Eurasian Griffon Vulture chick. Wonderful, how fast the hatchling is growing!!!


Comparing the wingspan with vulture-mommy...
I never saw the vultures huggling together all the time like today. Really adorable!!!
 
Vulture-daddy checked the surrounding before leaving the nest.
A friendly zoo-keeper told me vulture-daddy is about 40 and vulture-mommy 8 or 9 years old.
During a short shower I went to the dislodged vultures...
...before going back to the cute chick.
Cuddling with vulture-daddy:
 
Making room for tasty lunch... *poo*
... and now: Carrion go!!!
When talking to the zoo-keeper I got to know the Eurasian Griffon Vulture chick of 2011 was given to the Zoo of Dresden, where it found a new home inside a big enclosure together with many other Eurasian Griffon Vultures. Would like to visit it there. And I would like to go to the Zoo of Straubing, where the chick of 2010 was given to.

No comments:

Post a Comment