Sunday, April 8, 2012

6 days old "Easter"-Vulture

Today's Easter Sunday I got the most wonderful Easter present I could imagine: Der little baby-vulture in the Zoo of Duisburg hatched and I was able to admire him!!!
As it turned out I missed the hatch for one day, cause the Eurasian Griffon Vulture chick hatched last Monday (2nd April 2012), one day after my "egg control" in the zoo. The proud vulture parents and the chick are doing excellent. What a wonderful, cute and moving sight, how the vulture parents are caring for their chick!!!
The two vultures in the second enclosure are still just sitting in the sun, ignoring their dummy-egg.One of the vultures raised his fighting spirit: Two times he took a run downhill, flapping his wings, taking off and... nearly crashing in the pool. Poor, brave guy! Never gives up! I would love to help him making his dream of flying come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment